Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rainy Day

We have had very interesting weather since 7pm last night. Interesting in the fact that we spent time in our downstairs bathroom due to tornado warnings. Of course I ran out of bread. And of course we needed bread for dinner tonight. We had BLTs.

So, I pulled out my bread machine put it on the counter and then stood there looking at it. You see, I have yet to find a white bread recipe for the bread machine that I like. After staring at the machine for a second, I looked outside to see if the weather was really that bad. It was, so I sat down, turned on my laptop and started looking for a recipe. Then I went to my cookbooks and looked in them. I took a little bit from different recipes and made my own recipe.

I put the ingredients in the machine and turned it to the dough cycle. I don't like the square loves that the machine makes so I make the dough in the machine then bake it in the oven. The dough cycle finished and I cut the dough in half and put each half into a bread pan. I let it rise and then popped them into the oven for about a half hour. Between the sound of the rain and the smell of fresh bread baking my home felt very homey and comforting.

By the time the loaves had cooled it was time to make dinner. I sliced the bread and made the BLTs and served my family dinner. They LOVED the bread and so did I. Here is the recipe for the bread

No comments:

Post a Comment