Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chicken Soup

1 Chicken, I get the one that is already cut up.
32 oz. Chicken Broth
2 Celery stalks, chopped into large pieces
1 medium Onion, chopped into large pieces
salt and pepper
3 medium Potatoes, peeled and chopped
16 oz. frozen Mixed Vegetables

Put chicken, onion, celery, salt and pepper into soup pot.
Pour in chicken broth.
Add water until chicken is covered, about 3 cups

Bring to boil.
Lower heat to med-low.
Simmer for 2 hours or until chicken is done.

Remove chicken from pan and let cool for 1 hour.
After chicken is cooled remove the meat.
Add chicken, potatoes and vegetables to broth.
Bring to a boil.
Lower heat to med-low.
Soup is done when potatoes are fork tender.

*When I remove the chicken I also remove the onion and celery. My kids do not like the onion and celery but I like the flavor that it gives the broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment